All the 11 trades having 15 units with 40 units/ shifts (37 running) are NCVT affiliated with intake sanctioned seats of 880 Nos. Also, the institutions is bearing the liability of running the MD & HEMMO School Amb at Govt. ITI Una with intake sanctioned seats of 32 trainees under SCVT and SOA Govt. ITI Gagret ( at Govt. ITI Una.) having total 68 sanctioned seats, taking total intake figure of the campus to 980 trainees.
Pass Out & Placement for the last 03 years
The average pass out percentage for the last 03 years is 85% and the average placement percentage is about 50%.
Status of Implementation of other skill Development scheme:-
- MES :– Modular Employable Skill courses under skill development initiative (SDI) scheme of DGE & T started in the institute in the year 2011-12, but no success.
- STAR :– The national skill certification 7 monetary rewards schemes under national skill development corporation (NSDC) was started in the institutions in the year 2013-2014, but to no success.
- HUNAR SE ROZGAR TAK :– Scheme under the ministry of tourism implemented in the institute during the year 2015-2017 and training programme for imparting driving skills, conducted for 90 trainees.
- CDTP :– Community development through polytechnic scheme run in the trades Welder, Electrician, carpenter, & Computer. The trainees of different trades enrolled under the scheme in the year 2017- 2018 i.e. Sep. 17 to march 18 & got skill in different fields of craftsmanship, otherwise community development proves to be an eyewash.
- APPRENTICESHIP :– ATS implemented in the district Una and at present the Apprenticeship trainees on roll are 110. The total registered apprenticeship trainees in the District are 335 in the 62 registered.
Total number of units and shifts of different trades are given below:-
|Sr. No||Name of trades |
|Duration||No. Of Units||Total No. Of shifts||No. Of shifts not running||No. Of shifts running||Trade wise- shift running|
|5||Mech. Diesel||1 year||2||6||-||6||01+01(p)||02||02|
|8||Mech. Auto. Elec. & electronics||1 YEAR||1||2||-||2||01(P)||01||-|
|11||Food production||1 YEAR||1||2||1||1||01 (P)||-||-|
Availability of machinery & Equipment and furniture.
As per latest syllabus & DGT Norms for all the trades running in the institute, 80 to 90% of the machinery & equipment has been procured where as furniture availability is 100%.
Budget provision during the current finical year:-
Sufficient budget provision of RS. 1,15,45000/- is there for the current financial year 2019-2020 and further requirement will be conveyed to the Director, Technician Education, Vocational & Industrial Training, Sundernagar, according to need, in future.
The construction work of hospitality trades building has been completed and building taken over on dated 27.12.2018. As per need of the hour, and IT lab with networking has been established in the newly constructed building for online admission and examinations to be held in near future along with 100 % utilization of the remaining space for Hospitality trades. A Placement cell constituted to liaison with industries for placement drive and for the implementation of National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) and hoping for much better results, in future.